An Interview with Pritika Aggarwal - the Author of "Hamilton and the Little Fairy"

As the year 2020 is drawing to a close, Chief Organizer of WRIPES is busy putting together the WRIPE-6 stories into an e-book with the hope of coming up with a paperback in mid 2021. In the background he is guest blogging for ouruniverseforkids.com and spakidzindia.in. Despite his busy schedule, he still never forgets to sit down for a friendly chat with his online friends whom he had met through his WRIPES. This time it is Pritika Aggarwal from Singapore.





Q - Hey hey Pritika! How are you doing? Big hugs from Sri Lanka. All safe? 


A - Hey hey, I’m doing great, thanks! Hope you’re safe, and are well too?



Q - That’s great to hear Pritika! Situation here in Sri Lanka is not that good. Although we controlled it very well during May, June and  July, Covid is back again. The number of new patients has already surpassed the 2000 mark. Government is doing everything they can. We can see there is genuine commitment. But Covid can wait… what can I offer you dear? Tea? Coffee?


A - Sure, a glass of water would be great, thanks! 



Q - Aha, you want me to add some ice cubes? How about some soft drinks as well? You like Coke Pritika? 


A - Oh, unfortunately, I'm not much of a soda drinker… But, sure, a couple of ice cubes would be great! Thanks! 



Q - (Goes to the kitchen. Brings in a tray with a big jug of water, a bucket of ice cubes and two glasses. Puts everything down gently on a small table. Starts to serve) Here you are sis. 


A - (Gently picks up the glass of cold water, and takes a small sip) Ahh, thanks! This is a remarkable glass set you have... Such beautifully carved designs!



Q - (Delighted) Thank you sis! That was a gift to me by my mom. So … tell me about your writing life while you enjoy it. When did you first start writing? It was during your school days I believe.  


(smiles) Well, yes, precisely. I'd always be writing little stories, essays, or poems for assignments from school. A few years back, I did have one of my poems published in the school magazine. And, just last year, I’d submitted a short story entitled 'A Call from Within' to a magazine, on behalf of my school. Though, I'm not sure what's happened to it since then... (gently smiles). But, my first ever real short story to be published on the net, entitled 'Hamilton and the Little Fairy', was published earlier this year; a few months after I turned 15. And, that's when I met you; you've really turned things around for me, since then! 



Q - Ha ha that’s everything because of your commitment and talent Pritika. I just showed you the way! Hamilton and the Little Fairy … hmm .. rings a bell … hey hey isn't that the one for which I made a book cover? One that you published in Sweek?


A - Yes yes, that's the same one - the one you designed the book cover for, and the first story I published on Sweek. But, I must say, that book cover was… one of the best ones I'd ever seen.



 


Q - Oh thank you very much! And that is one of the best compliments I received in my lifetime! Thank you Pritika. By the way what was the poem that you told me about? Can you remember that? Nice if you can share that with us!


A - (Thinks for a moment) Oh, I wrote that many moons ago - oh, yes, I remember it faintly now! (slightly chuckles) It was about one's lonely walk down the quiet road, under the canopy of the midnight aurora, with the moon sponging off light across the dark horizon. But... hmm… I don't have the poem with me anymore... 



Q - Never mind. That’s quite okay. Maybe instead you would like to talk about ‘A Call from Within’? I am sure it is about something exciting! Is it horror? Mystery? Or … Romance?


A - Well well, it's a tale of two twins - Alexander and Benjamin, who were separated from each other at birth. Alexander never knew about his twin brother, but, Benjamin on the other hand, knew the whole story behind their lives, and lived along with his grandfather, far away in the mountains, and devised a plan to meet his brother. But, not just any plan... One, full of adventures, and roller coaster rides, to engage his brother in a journey of life, he'd never seen before... But, that wasn't just the sole purpose of Benjamin. In a situation of life and death, where Benjamin was trapped by their grandfather's evil enemy, only to be killed, he desperately waited for Alexander's arrival. But, someone else knew about Alexander's arrival... And, lurked in the shadow of their happiness - and, just as the two brothers united, a gunshot echoed in the barn! Well, that was just a gist of my story... What do you think of it, Chinthaka sir? 



Q - (Goes very silent, with a faraway look in his eyes. Then recollects himself. Whispers a reply) It is very gripping. 


A - Oh well, thanks a lot! 



Q - No I mean it. So ‘A Call from Within’ has lots of meaning than what it looks like on the surface, huh? It goes deep into the dark family history … hmmm … very captivating. This story is available for us to read, Pritika? Or are you still writing it?


A - Hmm... Yeah. Well, yes, I'm done writing it. But, I haven't published it anywhere yet… 



Q - All the very best in that Pritika. Hope you find the best platform and publish it fast and make it a real success! So .. After ‘A Call from Within’ what was your next writing adventure? It was Hamilton and the Little Fairy?


A - Oh, thank you for your kind words! And, yes, indeed; after 'A Call from Within', my next story was 'Hamilton and the Little Fairy'. 




Q - That was when we first met ha ha! And you published ‘If an Asteroid Falls on Singapore’ for my sixth Writing Project. It became available in many languages, right? As I remember right … English, Hindi, German, Spanish and Portuguese, hmm? And you became WRIPE-6 coordinator for Singapore. You also started your own blog on the subject. It was an exciting experience, huh?


A - Oh, yes, yes (smiles). I still remember... After having published 'Hamilton and the little Fairy', it was barely a couple of days, when I received your message and your invitation to submit a story for your 6th writing project, that you fondly  called the WRIPES. To be honest, I was new to the platform then, and all of it happened ever so quickly, that I could barely believe my eyes. Working for your project, gave me a lot of exposure to brilliant writers from across the globe, as well as, provided me with such a positive, and joyful experience. I was indeed, extremely excited to be a part of your 6th WRIPE, and of course, very grateful to you for having given me this opportunity. I must say, I have always enjoyed challenges, and this by far, was one of the best ones I'd ever been a part of! And yes, I did become the WRIPE-6 coordinator for Singapore at the time, but honestly speaking, my heart nearly skipped a beat when you offered me the title. I really didn't think I was capable enough of holding such a title. I had taken part in WRIPE-6 to mingle with other writers, and gain knowledge from all of my fellow writers and coordinators; but, now, I can say for sure, that I've taken back so much more from it! You even inspired me to begin a blog on the subject, and helped me with each and everything. So, yes, for me, it was much more than a wonderful, and an exciting journey!





Q - Ha ha! The moment I read the first two lines in ‘'Hamilton and the Little Fairy' I knew I had stumbled upon a very promising personality. And everything happened not because of me, Pritika. It’s all due to your commitment and talent. For you the road ahead is a splendid one, no doubt… Tell me about your writing plans in the future (smiles affectionately) 


A- (surprised, then smiles) Oh.... that's really nice of you to say; thank you very much! I honestly couldn't have done it without you. (smiles again) This year's begun on a lovely note for me... Especially with the WRIPES… As of now, I haven't really paved a concrete path for my future writing plans. But, I definitely do hope to write and publish more short stories, and poems, and learn from those around me. And perhaps, one day, write a novel of my own too...ha ha... Just hoping for the best (fingers crossed) 



Q - Okay! Wish you all the very best from the bottom of my heart and may your dreams come true very soon! Let’s call it a day Pritika and very many thanks for sharing your valuable time with me this evening. And it is a very enjoyable conversation with you indeed. Thanks again for a lovely break ha ha! And hey - our readers would be very interested in talking to you every now and then! Do you have any particular email address you wish to mention or any social media handles? You live in India at the moment, right? Flying to Singapore soon?  


A - (smiles affectionately) Oh, thanks a lot! And, my deepest thanks to you, for having me here this lovely evening! I've really loved talking to you, and this interview's been a great experience for me. And, well, yes... I'm always approachable via my personal email address: pritika.aggarwal@gmail.com And, apart from that, you can always find me on writing platforms such as Sweek and Storymirror. And, you can also contact me on my Instagram Account @pritika.aggarwal Oh, and, before I forget; yes, I’m currently living in India, but, hopefully I'll be able to fly back down to Singapore once the virus finally bids farewell...ha ha :) 


Comments

  1. It was a nice interview Pritika ,I do believe you are a very promising writer

    Zara

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment